Thursday, November 11, 2010

Trying Something New

Hello all,

Since this blogging thing is new to me I am trying something new. I want your input! Let's try this a few times and see how it works. I am still learning the set up of this blog and what exactly I want to do with it but I figure the best way to learn is trial and error.

One idea  have is a travel blog, so to begin I would like people to share s travel experience. Anything will do, a really cool place, something good, something bad or even a really cool travel tip or deal.

I will start with something simple, Lonely Planet! For those of you who are not familiar with it, it is a phenomenal travel guide. They have books for just about any place you want to travel and they updated them very frequently so if you buy them online make sure you are buying the most current one. I use Amazon and buy used ones, it is cheaper and sometimes the previous owner makes notes or highlights things.

The books are great for putting together a budget, you can get a "shoestring" version or the regular version depending on what you want to spend. They are also really good on traveling from place to place, the bus/ train schedules/ stops are pretty accurate. Just make sure you give yourself a little leeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment